A new study reveals the Chicxulub impact crater may have harbored a vast and long-lived hydrothermal system after the catastrophic impact event linked to the extinction of dinosaurs 66 million years ago.
- A steaming cauldron follows the dinosaurs’ demise Phys.org
- Dino-Killing Asteroid Spawned a Huge Magma Chamber That Lasted Millions of Years Gizmodo
- Probing the hydrothermal system of the Chicxulub impact crater Science Advances
- Dinosaur-killing asteroid created massive magma chamber that lasted millions of years, study shows Fox News
- Dinosaur-Killing Asteroid Created A Hydrothermal Province Nine Times The Size Of Yellowstone IFLScience
- View Full Coverage on Google News