Trump turned security forces on peaceful protesters in front of the White House as tear gas and rubber bullets flew before declaring himself the “law and order” President. He then stood in front of an iconic church holding a Bible in a striking photo op. CNN’s Dana Bash reports.
- Attorney General Barr ordered authorities to clear protesters near White House, DOJ official says CNN
- Barr personally ordered removal of protesters near White House, leading to use of force against largely peaceful crowd The Washington Post
- Attorney General William Barr Booed At Protest | NBC News NOW NBC News
- House Judiciary panel to hear from DOJ ‘whistleblowers’ amid efforts to reschedule Barr testimony POLITICO
- Barr personally ordered law enforcement to push back Lafayette Square protesters: report | TheHill The Hill