The show of aggression by federal law enforcement officers, which came shortly before President Trump made an appearance at a church nearby, drew widespread condemnation.
- Barr personally ordered removal of protesters near White House, leading to use of force against largely peaceful crowd The Washington Post
- Top Republican senators defend Trump’s church photo-op after peaceful protesters cleared out CNN
- Trump addresses US amid protests, George Floyd’s brother reflects on his life | Nightline ABC News
- Trump’s George Floyd protest threats raise legal questions. Here’s what he can (and can’t) do. NBCNews.com
- Trump wants to crush Black Lives Matter with a law that fought segregation The Washington Post