China has asked its state-owned firms to halt purchases of soybeans and pork from the United States, two people familiar with the matter said, after Washington said it would eliminate special U.S. treatment for Hong Kong to punish Beijing.
- China asks state firms to halt purchases of U.S. soybeans, pork, sources say CNBC
- ‘Lemon’ or not, Trump is stuck with Phase 1 China trade deal Reuters
- China gifted propaganda win as Trump’s protest response undermines US efforts to protect Hong Kong CNN
- The US needs to stand up for Hong Kong to deter China’s crackdowns The Guardian
- I Wish Hong Kong Were Just Another Chinese City Bloomberg