News that Beijing has ordered state firms to halt purchases of farm products could well be an opportunistic political maneuver stemming from fundamental weakness on the demand side in China, said analysts.
- China may be using weak soybean demand and adequate supply as an opportunity to halt U.S. imports CNBC
- China gifted propaganda win as Trump’s protest response undermines US efforts to protect Hong Kong CNN
- Hong Kong Police Block Tiananmen Square Vigil, Citing Coronavirus Concerns NPR
- Hong Kong fuels new crisis for American relations with China | TheHill The Hill
- The US needs to stand up for Hong Kong to deter China’s crackdowns The Guardian