The UK has surpassed a grim milestone, with more than 40,000 coronavirus related fatalities since the pandemic began, according to figures from the Department for Health and Social Care.
- Coronavirus latest news: Official UK death toll passes 40,000 – watch today’s briefing live Telegraph.co.uk
- COVID-19: trust finds offbeat way to reinforce safety rules RCNi
- Another seven Covid-19 deaths confirmed in North East NHS hospitals Chronicle Live
- Coronavirus: No West Sussex hospital deaths for fourth day straight Spirit FM
- No new coronavirus cases or hospital deaths recorded in Sunderland Sunderland Echo