U.S. consumers cut spending by the most on record for the second straight month in April while boosting savings to an all-time high, and the growing frugality reinforced expectations the economy could take years to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coronavirus sinks U.S. consumer spending; savings hit record high Reuters
- Income Surges as Spending Drops Most on Record TheStreet
- U.S. consumer spending falls a record 13.6% in April KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas
- U.S. consumer spending tanks; savings hit record high Reuters
- Coronavirus Update: Consumer Spending Plummets, Boston Tradition Canceled RADIO.COM