The COVID-19 pandemic will shrink the global economy by 5.2 per cent this year, representing the deepest recession since World War Two, and triggering a dramatic rise in extreme poverty, the World Bank said Monday in its latest Global Economic Prospects report.
- Coronavirus: World Bank confirms deepest recession since World War Two UN News
- The Global Economic Outlook During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Changed World World Bank Group
- World Bank Sees 5.2% Decline in Global Economy in 2020 From Coronavirus The Wall Street Journal
- World Bank warns Covid-19 pandemic risks dramatic rise in poverty The Guardian
- World Bank says the global economy will shrink by 5.2% this year CNN