Calling out active-duty troops to quell widespread unrest over the death of George Floyd is an option congressional Democrats are warning would only make matters worse.
- Democrats In Congress Tell Trump Not To Send Military To Protests NPR
- Former Commanders Fault Trump’s Use of Troops Against Protesters The New York Times
- Pentagon official walks back Trump claim that top military officer is in charge of protest response CNBC
- Trump’s weak attempt to outsource strongman rule to the military The Washington Post
- I reported on the Pentagon for over a decade — but what happened in DC this week shocked me The Independent