One federal officer was fatally shot and another injured Friday in Oakland, authorities said, but it wasn’t immediately clear if the incident was related to the night’s protests.
- Federal officer killed in Oakland shooting near U.S. courthouse Los Angeles Times
- Federal Protective Service officer killed, another injured in Oakland shooting amid George Floyd protests NBC News
- Federal Protective Services officer shot and killed in Oakland, FBI says SFGate
- George Floyd death: Oakland protest ends in flames, dozens detained, storefronts damaged KGO-TV
- George Floyd Protest Damage: Widespread damage left behind in Oakland from violent rampage KPIX CBS SF Bay Area