The family of George Floyd and their lawyer called for a first-degree murder charge to be filed against ex-Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin after a new independent autopsy found that Floyd died as the result of asphyxiation from sustained pressure on his neck.
- George Floyd family calls for first-degree murder charges against cop after independent autopsy finds asphyxiation killed him CNBC
- George Floyd’s family, county officials release autopsy results declaring homicide Fox News
- As the George Floyd protests continue, let’s be clear where the violence is coming from The Guardian
- Justice Is About More Than the Killing of George Floyd The New York Times
- Jason Nichols: George Floyd protests – A long time coming. Why they won’t end soon Fox News