The city’s government said it would block the distribution of films that are deemed to undermine national security, bringing the territory more in line with mainland Chinese censorship.
- Hong Kong to Censor Films Under China’s Security Law – The New York Times
- EXPLAINER: An eye for an eye? China’s new anti-foreign sanctions law – ABS-CBN News
- China’s attacks on ‘foreign forces’ threaten Hong Kong’s global standing – top US envoy – Rappler
- China passes anti-foreign sanctions law – GMA News
- Hong Kong film censors get wider ‘national security’ powers – The Guardian