For years, top military leadership has tried to minimize the perception that the armed forces are being used by the president for political purposes.
- ‘It just doesn’t seem right’: Pentagon officials on edge over military leaders’ dealings with Trump POLITICO
- Former Commanders Fault Trump’s Use of Troops Against Protesters The New York Times
- Defense Secretary Esper on Trump church photo op: ‘I didn’t know where I was going’ NBC News
- Trump’s weak attempt to outsource strongman rule to the military The Washington Post
- I reported on the Pentagon for over a decade — but what happened in DC this week shocked me The Independent