Winger Kenki Fukuoka, who helped Japan reach the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals last year, has said he will not be available for the rugby sevens tournament at the Tokyo Olympics as he will be studying for medical school.
- Japan winger Fukuoka skipping Olympics to begin medical studies Reuters Africa
- Rugby: World Cup hero Kenki Fukuoka prioritizes schooling over Olympics Kyodo News Plus
- Fukuoka set for career switch RugbyPass
- Japanese winger Fukuoka chooses studies over Olympics RTE.ie
- Rugby star chooses medical career over Olympics NHK WORLD