Ressa and Santos were hit with prison sentences of six months and one day to up to six years but can remain free on bail while they appeal the verdict.
- Journalist Maria Ressa found guilty of “cyber libel” by Philippines court CBS News
- Rappler CEO Maria Ressa, writer found guilty of cyberlibel INQUIRER.net
- Maria Ressa, Rey Santos Jr convicted of cyber libel Rappler
- Amal Clooney on upcoming Maria Ressa cyberlibel verdict: ‘A signal of what lies ahead’ INQUIRER.net
- The 3-minute review: This docu is a compelling portrait of fearless journalism under threat ABS-CBN News