Microsoft on Thursday joined its Big Tech rivals in announcing it would bar law enforcement from using its facial recognition tools in the absence of government regulations.
- Microsoft joins rivals, bars police use of face recognition tech Manila Bulletin
- Amazon bans police use of its face recognition for a year INQUIRER.net
- Amazon suspends police use of its facial recognition technology Al Jazeera English
- Amazon stops police using its face-recognition tech ABS-CBN News
- Microsoft joins Amazon, IBM in pausing face scans for police INQUIRER.net