A Mississippi mayor who sparked outrage when he said “if you can talk, you can breathe” about the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody is resisting calls to resign, including from his city’s board of aldermen.
- Mississippi mayor ignores calls to resign over comments on George Floyd’s death NBC News
- Mississippi mayor refuses to resign, says he ‘didn’t see anything unreasonable’ with George Floyd’s death Fox News
- ‘If you can talk, you can breathe’: Mississippi mayor ripped over George Floyd killing remarks New York Post
- Minneapolis mayor says anger over killing goes back ‘400 years’ Reuters
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing’: Mississippi mayor faces backlash over George Floyd comments The Independent
- View Full Coverage on Google News