Trump turned security forces on peaceful protesters in front of the White House as smoke canisters and rubber bullets flew before declaring himself the “law and order” President. He then stood in front of an iconic church holding a Bible in a striking photo op. CNN’s Dana Bash reports.
- Official resigns from Pentagon advisory board over Esper’s perceived support for clearing protest outside White House CNN
- ‘It just doesn’t seem right’: Pentagon officials on edge over military leaders’ dealings with Trump POLITICO
- Esper on Trump church photo-op: I thought we were going to ‘talk to the troops’ NBC News
- James Miller: A letter of resignation to Defense Secretary Mark Esper The Washington Post
- I reported on the Pentagon for over a decade — but what happened in DC this week shocked me The Independent