Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper made the decision to disarm the roughly 5,000 guardsmen deployed to the capital without consulting the White House, as Pentagon looks to de-escalate.
- Pentagon disarms guardsmen in Washington, D.C., in signal of de-escalation The Washington Post
- Ohio Gov. DeWine: National Guardsman deployed to DC ‘expressed white supremacist ideology’ Fox News
- Two National Guard members injured by lightning strike in D.C. storm Daily Mail
- Trump could use the military to restore calm — and advance his political agenda | TheHill The Hill
- FBI: National Guardsman expressed white supremacist ideology WTOP