The site in northern Italy was excavated in 1922, but then reburied and mostly forgotten about. But not by archaeologists, who made “an important find” of mosaics from the third or fourth century A.D.
- Roman Villa’s Mosaics Are Unearthed, Again, a Century After Last Dig The New York Times
- Newly unearthed ancient Roman mosaic dubbed ‘this year’s biggest discovery’ New York Post
- Stunning Ancient Roman mosaic discovered beneath Italian vineyard Fox News
- Perfectly preserved ancient Roman mosaic floor unearthed beneath Italian vineyard CBS News
- Perfectly preserved Roman mosaic floor unearthed in an Italian vineyard Daily Mail
- View Full Coverage on Google News