Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the court’s liberal bloc in a 5-4 decision issued late Friday. The lawsuit had argued that the state’s limits on attendance discriminated against religion.
- Supreme Court Rejects Church’s Challenge Of California’s Coronavirus Rules NPR
- Supreme Court rejects challenge to limits on church services; Roberts sides with liberals Fox News
- Supreme Court, in 5-4 Decision, Rejects Church’s Challenge to Shutdown Order The New York Times
- Coronavirus pandemic updates from around the world CNN
- Roberts joins court’s liberals to deny California church’s lockdown challenge POLITICO