The Pentagon on Saturday ordered the Army to put military police units on alert to head to the city on short notice at President Donald Trump’s request, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders.
- Thousands ignore Minneapolis curfew as U.S. protests spread POLITICO
- George Floyd protests spread nationwide: Live updates CNN
- White House briefly locked down as unrest spreads to Atlanta, DC, NYC after George Floyd death Fox News
- George Floyd’s death fanned the flames of long-smoldering grievances Minneapolis Star Tribune
- George Floyd’s Death, Protests, Coronavirus: America Is a Tinderbox The New York Times