The president of the Tokyo 2020 organising committee wants to allow up to 10,000 spectators for Olympic stadiums, the Sankei newspaper reported, amid concerns the Summer Games could spark another surge in COVID-19 infections.
- Tokyo 2020 president wants cap of 10000 spectators -newspaper – Reuters
- Tokyo Olympics: Japan to ease state of emergency, focus on spectators – ABS-CBN News
- Japan condom-makers fear anticlimax at Olympics – GMA News
- Suga calls on public to watch Olympics on TV as Japan eases state of emergency – Japan Today
- Japan hit for undermining Olympic spirit – koreatimes