Trump turned security forces on peaceful protesters in front of the White House as tear gas and rubber bullets flew before declaring himself the “law and order” President. He then stood in front of an iconic church holding a Bible in a striking photo op. CNN’s Dana Bash reports.
- Top Republican senators defend Trump’s church photo-op after peaceful protesters cleared out CNN
- European markets gain on reopening and recovery hopes, despite backdrop of U.S. unrest CNBC
- Police force out protesters minutes before Trump can pose for photos Washington Post
- “An Abuse of Sacred Symbols”: Trump, a Bible, and a Sanctuary The New Yorker
- Prepare Ye the Way of the Trump. Make Straight Paths for Him. Washington Examiner