The White House said that Trump believes there would be “no greater example of reopening” than holding a G7 summit in the US at the end of June.
- Angela Merkel rebuffs Trump’s G7 Summit invitation due to coronavirus – Business Insider Business Insider
- Germany, borrowing from Trump, says it wants to make Europe ‘strong again’ The Washington Post
- Merkel declines Trump invite for in-person G7 summit Al Jazeera English
- Merkel won’t attend Trump’s G7 ‘unless pandemic changes’ The Guardian
- Merkel’s Quiet Revolution Bloomberg Politics