The 213-year-old law gives the president the ability to deploy the U.S. military within U.S. borders.
- Trump Says He May Use The Insurrection Act To Quell Protests—Here’s What That Means Forbes
- Pentagon officials express concern as Trump threatens to use military to ‘dominate’ protestors CNN
- Trump calls for National Guard and military to quash nationwide riots – Business Insider Business Insider
- President Trump mobilizes military in response to nationwide protests Los Angeles Times
- Lawmakers Begin Bipartisan Push to Cut Off Police Access to Military-Style Gear The New York Times