The United Kingdom warned Beijing on Tuesday to step back from the brink over an “authoritarian” national security law in Hong Kong that it said risked destroying one of the jewels of Asia’s economy while ruining the reputation of China.
- UK warns China: do not destroy the jewel of Hong Kong Reuters
- Hong Kong Police Block Tiananmen Square Vigil, Citing Coronavirus Concerns NPR
- China orders firms to stop buying U.S. farm goods Reuters
- How China’s Hawks Still Exploit the 1989 Tiananmen Protests | Opinion Newsweek
- Hong Kong fuels new crisis for American relations with China | TheHill The Hill